Dave’s been hanging out at the hospital all week, letting his body respond to the chemo, receiving antibiotics and awaiting the results of his third bone marrow biopsy. He’s tired but keeping his spirits up. Thanks a million times over for your continued support. www.youcaring.com/brownbird
First, let us take this opportunity to thank you all for the tremendous support you’ve shown us over the past week. We are moved beyond words by the love, gifts and kind words that have flooded into our fundraiser, inbox and home.
Over the week, Dave has undergone blood tests and biopsies to narrow down the possible causes for his low blood levels and subsequent illness. There have been several doctors on the case, and they now agree that Dave has a form of leukemia.
Brown Bird will be on hiatus while Dave undergoes chemotherapy treatment. We are staying positive and know that Dave is strong and will make it through this. Please keep us in your thoughts. We will also be keeping the fundraiser open until June 16th. Your generosity has not only helped us pay the immediate medical bills we were faced with, but also allowed us to set up medical insurance, which should start on June 1st. However, because we don’t know how long Dave’s treatments will take, it’s impossible to know how long we won’t be able to work; your donations now also go towards keeping us afloat while we have virtually no income.
Which brings us back to thanking you all, once again, for the support you’ve already given us. This will be (and already has been) a long, scary journey, but with your help, we’ll come out of it stronger than ever, and rearing to play.
We love you
-Dave and MorganEve
Please consider becoming a donor.
Dear Friends, Family and Fans- We need your help.
On Friday night, May 10th, Dave was admitted to a hospital in Houston, TX with complaints of fatigue and shortness of breath. After an initial blood test, we were told he was severely anemic, with dangerously low red blood cell counts. Dave had been fighting and been treated for flu-like symptoms for the past six weeks, but until now we were unaware of the seriousness of his condition. Since admittance into the hospital, he has had several blood transfusions, which he is responding to well, and has undergone several tests to determine what is causing his illness. As of yet we still do not have a diagnosis, but are maintaining optimism.
We will be able to fly home on Saturday to pursue treatment in RI, and will be canceling a large percentage of shows until Dave is well enough to get back on the road. For us, canceling shows means not only disappointing our fans and missing out on what we enjoy most, but also going without income. Since the 10th we’ve already accrued over $29,000 in medical expenses and losses, and will be faced with ongoing expenses once we’re home. We love being full-time musicians, but it can be a financially challenging lifestyle, and without health insurance or day jobs to fall back on, our situation is dire.
We humbly ask you to help us out in any way you can. We set up this fundraiser to help us pay for the medical expenses we’ve already accrued, and for the projected cost of treatments. There are unknowns ahead of us and the possibility for needing more is very real, but we promise to keep you updated and are eternally grateful to the support our friends, family and fans already give us. There’s nothing we want more than to be back on the road, and with your help, we could be back out there very soon.